EXERCISE. How many of us dread this word? Most of us! After all who likes to wake up early morning and then run after nothing or go to the gym and struggle with the instruments or practice yoga and end up making fun of yourself. These are sure helpful in losing fat but just not 'my' type. According to me these are monotonous and require a lot of commitment which I just can't give because I am lazy and I know it! So bored by these exercises and tired of carrying the extra weight around I discovered my type of exercises- the fantastico five.
Wanna get hold of my discoveries? Here they are-
- Skipping rope- you must have done this in your childhood. isn't it fun? It's a fast and easy way to achieve your goal. If you are just starting make your rounds atleast 1-2 minutes long. Increase your time limit by 1 minute every 3rd day. No. of rounds should be atleast 6 per day. Remember a little commitment goes a long way!
- Zumba- Zumba is a dance fitness program which involves dance and aerobic elements. It's a very enjoyable activity. Free tutorials and videos are easily available on you tube. After this you'll not only feel light but thoroughly enjoyed. Say zumba do zumba!
- Swinging- I know it's an outdoor activity but trust me it's worth it. I love to go for a stroll at night after dinner. The air is cooler and not many people around. The park is devoid of kids around this time so a perfect time to take a swing. Swinging is the most therapeutic activity of all. How much tensions, worries and depressive thoughts you may have, after swinging it's all vanished and you feel optimistic. It has a joy of its own during night time as the sky is clear with lots of stars. As you go back and forth it seems you gonna grab them. I know it sounds childish but that's what it does to you, makes you a kid again. Takes you back to the time when tension, worries were alien to you. As obvious It's my most favorite activity.
- In- house squash- my recent discovery. Apart from the advantages of walls mentioned in my earlier blog post "Quality Walls" walls can be helpful in exercises too. Make wall your tennis buddy and play with it. It's a fun game as walls are very competitive and unbeatable. The materials you need are a ball and racket. If you don't have a racket you can very well use a thick cardboard book or a writing pad. It's kinda an addictive activity so don't push yourself after your clothes get all sweaty.
- Household chores- if you already do these good! Those who do not well you should. Doing household chores has double advantage. First the activity itself will get completed and second they are good exercises. Some household chores like blending dough with hands and mopping are very advantageous for the body.
I've shared what I had to.these fantastio five are fun and impactful. If you have any other fantastico exercises please do share! and always remember every drop of sweat counts!!