Thursday, December 19, 2013

Best of Best Friends-

"The only reason god didn't make us sisters is because one mom couldn't handle us both."
So true! Me & my BFF shalz (shalini), we get on like a house on fire. That's why the minute I finished reading the topic my brain was flooded with flashbacks of our countless meetings, harmless  pranks &  meaningless gossips. Every moment with her is a memory ,an unforgettable one. So I chose to write about this one time when we were alone but together. Confused,eh? Shalz parents were out of city for one day so they asked my mom to let me give company to her. I was like "PAJAMA PARDDIEEE!"
 My mom dropped me at her house which is not very far from ours. By the way me & shalz were in our sweet 16s. My mom of course before going back gave us lots of instructions like lock the doors properly, turn off the stove incase we cook, study & go to sleep on time etc. After mom went shalz snapped at me- "today we don't sleep!" We were going to have a sleep less sleepover.

                   (src:www.wlcyouth.org)

 We were excited as it was the first time we were going to spend the night together :P
 2 teenage girls on a sleepover…ever wondered what happens? Never? Well you should now. Apart from the usual gossips what do they discuss ,argue, whisper about? Girls in pajamas with no "HE's" around, what its like? Is it really some secret meeting of girls? I think you had enough of suspense. Let's unravel the mystery & get to the fun.

 Pity on remote which got pressed continuously when we browsed through a million channels. shalz wanted to watch her favorite serial & I wanted the remote to stay untouched while on music channel. But then some channel was airing "Dil To pagal hai" our favorite movie . Remote took a sigh at last. The scene came in which madhuri & karisma have a dance dual. Shalz at once stood up, challenged me & started imitating madhuri's steps. I was just waiting for my turn. Soon I stepped in karisma's shoes & joined her the on the dance floor. We knew the steps having watched the movie so many times. We were giving each other these envy look. After the dance ended we gave each other a tight hug. I said "dil ka to pata nahi par hum defo pagal hai!"


After our "dancing dovees" mood faded, we wanted to take the fun a notch up higher & do something which involved others.

So we prank called our friend manisha, easy target. Shalz who is exceptionally good in bhojpuri, talked with manisha pretending to be the mother of a boy who we used to tease her with. Shalz was on fire. She asked her "what black magic have you done on my  son? You better stop or I'll have to call the police!" poor manisha was so scared she called my home to tell me about the call but my mom told her about my whereabouts & we were busted! But her reaction was worth a million bucks.
 Having run out of plans ,we sat in the balcony, looking all the people around. Just then we heard a child crying, we together moved our gaze. It was a kid who had fallen from the swing in the park. His mother was consoling him. Finally I broke the silence between us. "it's been a while since we've been to a park!" "Actually!" agreed shalz. Bringing force in my voice I said "you know what…we should go!"  After locking the doors properly we started heading to the park. We sat in the swings beside each other.
I knew it was the perfect night, the sky was filled with stars & the cool breeze giving us goose bumps. We were swinging higher & higher as if to reach the stars. I know it sounds childish but that's what it does to you, makes you a kid again. I started talking about the stars, aliens & about becoming an astronaut, my gaze still stuck on stars. After realizing that it was me who was doing all the talking I turned to the other swing. It was vacant. Just then shalz hits me from behind & breaks into a laughter. I look around, The roads were deserted. It was pretty late so I suggested we should go back now. Shalz was like-"wait ghosts come at this time to take a swing!" we turn to the swing which strangely is still swinging, we look wide eyed at each other & the next thing we know we are running full speed, we didn't stop until we reached the door of her home.
After getting back to normal we remembered that we didn't took any photos to show it to our friends & make them jell-o. Shalz got her camera. We were ready but not picture ready. so Shalz brought her heart shaped make up box. Soon the atmosphere was filled with lipstick & perfume fragrance. After applying nail paints on each other's right hand, photo session began. We were pouting, we were shouting. We were giving all these crazy poses like james bond, rockstars as if below our feet was red carpet & hiding our face as if we were some celebrity who is not interested in getting photographed.
Photos were taken. After discussing which ones to keep & which ones to delete ,We retired to our beds NO not to sleep but to do some... as sidhu pajji would say "luvee doveee" talks.
                                                                                                 src: Comedy nights with Kapil
Discussion began about our kind of soul mate with me putting intellect above looks & shalz personality above all. You really think a girl does family planning first time with her husband? NO. then started the round of how many kids & their names. For no. of babies we resort to hand reading. Everyone should try this. Take your left hand make it into a fist. Now at the little finger side there will be 2 dark lines forming. In between will be light lines. How many are there? Congrats you that many kids. What nonsense! I know. But it's a fun game & turns funnier when someone has a half line. I have one & shalz two. I don't remember when we broke our rule & fell asleep. It's been almost 3 years since that night, the night we became best friends forever from best friends!
This post is dedicated to our friendship & I would like to gift shalz the privilege to be its first reader. I know what her reaction would be "….where are the vouchers?":P

All the dovees out there have a look-http://www.dove.in/en/Products/Bar-Body-Wash/default.aspx



2 comments:

  1. Dil To Pagal Hai..hahah...so many of my friends too wanted to step into Madhuri and Karishma's shoes! :)

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Hrithik Roshan vs katrina kaif

Hrithik Roshan or Katrina Kaif? who's your pick? Both perfectly nail down the looks part and have illustrious Bollywood career. but wh...